Free Problem Diagnostics By Phone
Our Tech Experts are just a Phone Call away
Call us at +1-844-583-2073
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Router Login is your initial move towards encountering the maximum capacity of these world-class switches. Basically, click on the button and pursue the connection for Router Login.
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear Routers are the ultimate solution for all the network connectivity requirements. They are an ideal solution for both your home and your office setup. You can completely rely on your Netgear device for seamless connectivity. The best feature of Netgear routers is that they can be easily maintained and managed. For this, you just need a Netgear Router Login. Your router login is easily done on any of your devices.
Netgear Router Login in a Mobile Device
You can easily do the Router Login through your mobile or tablet as per your convenience. All it takes is a mobile device that is connected to the router’s connection and a mobile app. You can read the full procedure for it below.
Step 1 – Install the Netgear App
- For this, you need to start your mobile device.
- Now, go to the Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store depending on your operating system.
- In the search bar type “Nighthawk”.
- Nighthawk is Netgear’s special app that is designed to help you manage the status and settings of your router.
- Click on the “Install” icon in order to download it on your phone.
- Also, if you are using a router from the Orbi range, you need an Orbi App. You have used this app when you were first setting up the mesh networking system.
Step 2 – Login or create a Netgear account
- It is quite possible that you already have a Netgear Account. If yes, Log-in to your account.
- If not, then you can create a Netgear Account by opting for the ‘Create Account’ option on the main dial-up.
Log- into the Router
- In order to log in to your router, you are required to enter the admin credentials for the router. Just the same way you do Login on your PC or laptop.
- For this, You need to enter the username and password for your router.
- Do not forget that your Netgear account and your Router Login is entirely different.
- To complete your Router Login you need to provide the required details to Sign In.
- If by chance you do not remember your password. Check on the same window, there’s a link presented to a Netgear support article that discusses what to do next.
- However, you can also see other methods of Router Login in such a situation that we will explain below.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Router Login via Web Browser
Alternatively, you can also use your PC or Laptop for your Router Login in the following manner.
Step 1 Reach the Official Site
First, you need to access the official site of Netgear, for this, you can use either of the following methods.
Method 1 – typing the URL
- To start with the process you need a PC or a laptop.
- Now in any of this device, open your Web browser.
- In the address bar of the browser window, you will have to type, “Routerlogin.com”. Then, click enter.
- You will reach the home page of this site.
- Here, find the “Sign In” button and click on it.
- Enter your User Credentials in the respected fields when prompted.
Method 2 – Using the IP Address
- After opening the web browser on your device. Go to the address bar of your browser window.
- Enter the IP address of your router in the URL bar or the address bar of the browser.
- This will directly take you to the Routerlogin.com.
- Your IP address consists of a 4 – figure digital address having periods or decimals between each number.
- The IP address is the location of the local network of your router.
- The instruction booklet that came along your router, has this IP address in it.
- In case, it isn’t found it can be searched using your PC as well.
Step 2 – Sign In or Sign Up
- The above two methods will now take you to the home page of the official site.
- You need to locate the “Sign In” button here and click on it. Otherwise, if you are a new user, then click “Sign Up” and follow the instructions.
- Now, you are prompted to enter your User Credentials in the respected fields.
This can conclude the Router Login process for you. However, there is only one problem that can arise. If you’ve forgotten either your username or password. In such a case you have the following options.
Try the default user credentials
- You can give the default values a try. The default values username as ‘admin’ and the password is ‘password’ for most routers.
- The default username and password are on the bottom of your router.
- Because of security reasons, it is beneficial to change and create your own username and password
- If you are not sure that you have ever changed the defaults or not, just try these default values.
- This time when you log in does not forget to change your Id and password in order to ensure security.
- Click the Cancel tab on the login window that asks for your username and password.
- A screen dialup for Router Password Recovery will appear if you opted for it earlier.
- This process requires the serial number of your router. Most probably, this Serial Number is on the underside of your device only.
- You will be asked a few security questions, that were selected by you earlier. After you have answered all the questions correctly, you get access to the password.
- A Factory Reset on your Netgear Router is the next option that is left for you.
- If you opt for Factory Reset on your router, this will completely reset the username and password to the defaults.
- However, carrying out a factory reset is quite easy. Just ensure that your router is on.
- The next step is to locate the Reset Button on your device. Try looking at the rear of the device that is where the reset button generally is.
- The reset button is generally inverted on the inner panel of the device, insert a pin inside this hole and press for a good long 7 seconds or more.
- The factory reset of your router is complete. This also removes all your earlier settings. Start the process of setting up your device from the very beginning.
- Use the default username and password for Netgear Router Login now.
These were a few steps that you can follow to easily complete your Netgear Router Login. These steps can come super handy when you have to log-in to your Netgear Router.