Free Problem Diagnostics By Phone
Our Tech Experts are just a Phone Call away
Call us at +1-844-583-2073
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Netgear Wifi Extender Setup is your initial move towards encountering the maximum capacity of these world-class switches. Basically, click on the button and pursue the connection for Netgear Wifi Extender Setup.
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear Wifi Extender Setup
Opt for the best networking solutions that Netgear provides you. With the Netgear Router, you can be assured that your home or office will always be in network connectivity. Even if you want to extend the network coverage of your WiFi device, Netgear WiFi extender is super handy. Boost the range of your existing WiFi with a WiFi Extender. Read the steps of the Netgear WiFi Extender Setup below.
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup Via WPS
- To begin this process, you have to unbox your WiFi Extender
- Then plug the extender into an electrical socket.
- We strongly recommend you to plug in the WiFi Extender in the same room as your router.
- To initiate a connection between Router and WiFi extender, you need to check if your router supports a WPS setup. Look for the WPS button on the front or back depending upon your router.
- If you find a WPS button on your router, press and hold for a few seconds to turn it on.
- Our WiFi Extender has a WPS LED, this light indicates the connection of your Wifi Extender to the Router.
- If the Router has successfully been connected to your WiFi Extender, the WPS LED on your WiFi Extender will turn solid green.
- Check if your Router WiFi supports the 5GHz band. If yes, and you want to extend this band repeat the WPS process one more time.
- Now, unplug the extender. You can now move it to a new location.
- This new location should preferably be halfway from both your Router and the device you wish to connect.
- Keep in mind that this location should be within the reach of your WiFi Router.
- Plug the extender in this new location and turn the Power on.
- Wait till the time your WiFi extender is properly on.
- The Router link LED that is present on your WiFi Extender will tell you the status of your connection with the router.
- If the light is amber or green you have found an ideal location for your extender.
- If the light is still red, try shifting the device more towards the range of the router.
- This enhances your WiFi Extender’s connectivity with the Router.
- Set your device is in an ideal location. Now, bring the device that you wish to connect close to your WiFi Extender.
- The extender uses your existing WiFi name. However, it adds “_2GEXT” or “_5GEXT” to the existing name in the end.
- Click on the connect icon, and you will be asked to enter your password.
- Your password is just the same as your WiFi. Enter that and don’t forget to choose the auto-connect option for further use.
- Also, connect a mobile device with the WiFi Extender.
- Now take this mobile device to a previously dead zone.
- After your devices are connected and placed in a zone that was previously dead, return to your WiFi Extender.
- Examine the Client Link LED.
- If it is Amber or Green your WiFi network has been properly extended.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup Via Netgear Installation Assistant
The initial part of plugging in your device is similar, the difference in the procedure becomes after you plug in your device. If you do not find the WPS button or your Router does not support WPS, then follow these steps.
- Connect your device such as a laptop or PC to the extender using a wired Ethernet or WiFi connection.
- You can use a wired Ethernet connection quite easily. Use an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on the WiFi extender to an Ethernet port on your computer.
- Or you can go for the WiFi method to connect. On your WiFi-enabled device, open the WiFi connection manager and locate and connect to the WiFi extender network called NETGEAR_EXT.
- Once the connection with your WiFi-enabled device is established, the Client Link LED will turn amber or green.