Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
This article will provide you with the detailed instructions for the Netgear router setup. Along with that, you will get the complete instructions for resolving the router setup issues.
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE
Netgear Router Setup Procedure
➜ Manual Setup of your Netgear router is a procedure designed for PC or laptop users. In order to perform this method, you have to follow the process given below.
- Access an internet browser from your computer device that is connected to your Netgear router’s network.
- Now, insert the valid URL i.e. “routerlogin.net” or the default IP address within the browser’s address field.
- Make sure, you will be redirected to the webpage only when your system is well connected with the Netgear router.
- Then, by invading the predefined login credentials i.e. username (admin) and Password (password) reach your router account for Netgear router setup.
- Press the “Advanced” tab from your Netgear router home page.
- Then, you are urged to select the following options one by one: Setup wizard, Yes, and Next.
- When all this is completed, you are suggested to view and change the settings according to your preferences.
➜ If you are a mobile user and want to perform the Netgear router setup procedure, then you don’t need to worry. You can simply download an application and then follow the Mobile Application Setup process mentioned below for the successful router setup.
- After you are done with downloading the Nighthawk application, you need to open it by tapping its icon.
- Then, read the T&C document and hit the I Agree tab.
- Further, you are required to gain access to both MyNetgear and Netgear router account. During the account sign-in process, you will get the instructions for connecting your Netgear router with your mobile. Hence, follow the instructions carefully.
- Once you are done with the account sign-in, you will get the option to tailor your WiFi credentials as per your preference. Set the SSID and security key for better protection. You might also be asked to select the security questions. Choose and answer them and conclude the setup process.
Methods to Resolve your Netgear Router Setup Issues
Error: Incorrect login credentials
While setting up your Netgear router, you need to log in to your router account. At times, you might get an “Incorrect login credentials” error while you try signing in. In such scenarios, you can either retrieve your password or factory reset your Netgear router. Follow are the steps given to fix the error.
- Launch a browser and proceed to the Netgear router login window by entering “routerlogin.net” in the address field.
- Then, hit the “Cancel” button and in the next window, enter the Serial number of your Netgear router.
- As soon as you click the “Continue” tab, you will get a window to answer the security questions that you have selected.
- Further, you need to create a new passphrase for the security of your account.
- Afterwards, Netgear provides an option to set the new security questions for your account. Select and click “Next” to complete the process.
Reset your router:
- Plugin your router to the electric board and turn on the switch.
- Power on your Netgear router.
- Now, hold your router and use any object such as a pen or pin, to press the “Reset” button of your router. This button is located at the back of the router.
- Release the pin after a few seconds say 5 or 7.
Error: “routerlogin.net” is not working
For the Netgear router setup, you need to visit the router login webpage if you are performing the setup process via PC or laptop. Only after visiting that webpage, you can perform the setup process. The URL for the router login window is “routerlogin.net”. However, if this URL is not working and is not taking to your preferred window, then you can try entering the default IP Address of your Netgear router. Look at the back of your router to find the default IP address.
Other Troubleshooting Steps
- Check the URL and login credentials that you are using at the time of the Netgear router setup.
- Install the latest browser update that is available.
- Check the cables that are connecting your Netgear router, modem, and computer. All the cables must be plugged in perfectly. There should not be any loose cable or connection.
- If multiple devices are connected, then disconnect all the devices and use one at a time.
- Try disabling popup blockers, firewalls, and ad blockers.
- Clear cache memory, saved history, and cookies from your browser.
- Reboot your Netgear router by turning it off.