Free Problem Diagnostics By Phone
Our Tech Experts are just a Phone Call away
Call us at +1-844-583-2073
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Netgear Router Setup is your initial move towards encountering the maximum capacity of these world-class switches. Basically, click on the button and pursue the connection for Netgear Router Setup.
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear Router Setup
Netgear Router Setup via PC or laptop
Using your laptop or PC for the Netgear Router setup is a convenient option to start using your product. To complete the procedure you have to follow this step by step guide.
- To begin the process you have to start your router device, after unboxing the product. For this, you need Plugin your router to the electric socket and switch it on.
- Now, take the Ethernet cable from your cable modem or DSL and connect it to the Internet port of your Netgear Router.
- Allow a few seconds to your router so that the LED lights on the panel of your router are stable.
- The next part is to connect your laptop or PC to your Wi-Fi. There are 2 ways to do that.
- Either, You can use a cable to connect, Or you can connect in wirelessly, via default credentials.
- For wired one take a LAN cable and connect one end to your laptop and the other to your router.
- In case you opt for a wireless one, you need the default credentials. The back panel or the bottom panel of your laptop or PC has a description of the preset wireless settings of your Netgear router.
- Start your laptop or PC and there, open the Wi-Fi connection manager.
- You now need to enter the default SSID or WiFi network name of your Netgear router. You will find this default name and password on your router.
- Hit the connect button and you will be connected to your router.
- On your device, open any web browser, like Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- The Netgear Genie window will pop-up on your screen.
- If the Netgear Genie window fails to appear, click the address bar and type www.routerlogin.net and press enter.
- The instruction booklet provided with the router has your IP address. This IP address can also be used to access the website.
- Use the default username which is “admin” and the default password is “password” to log in. Now click on the “Sign-In” Icon.
- Now the Netgear Genie will configure the device. This will only a few seconds.
- The next window, that appears on your screen affirms the completion of the above process via a “Congratulations” message.
- Click “Take me to the Internet” icon to affirm that your connection.
- Your www.routerlogin.net Setup is now complete.
- Now close all tabs, and reopen your web browser.
- Login to your account one more time using the default username and password only.
- Now you can use this account to modify all settings related to the router as per your preferences
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Netgear Router Setup Using Mobile or Tablet
- Look out for the NightHawk App the “Google Play Store” or “Apple App Store”. The app is available for free download.
- As per the alignment of your device, attach the provided antennas.
- Now connect the Internet port to your router.
- Take the power cable of your router and plug it into the wall socket.
- Allow a few seconds for the Wi-Fi LED lights to adjust to normal.
- Ensure that your device has a connection with your router’s Wi-Fi network.
- You can do that using the default SSID and password that is available on your router.
- Now, launch the Netgear Nighthawk app on your mobile.
- You will get two icons to appear before you, “Existing User” or “New System Setup”. The “New System Setup” option is the one you have to select.
- The instructions that will appear now, will guide you to steps to Reboot your modem just follow them.
- From your cable modem or DSL, take the Ethernet cable and plug it into the Internet port of your Netgear Router.
- Once your device has completed the reboot process, reconnect your device to your router using your device’s Wi-Fi availability.
- For this, you have to use the default user name and password. You will find these defaults somewhere on your router.
- Return to the app to complete the installation process.
- The app will now help you to personalize your Wi-Fi settings.
- You can also select the password recovery questions for your admin credentials in case you forget them in the future.
- Since you have changed the Wi-Fi connection credentials you have to connect your device to your router one more time.
- The last step in the setup process is to check for the firmware updates.
- If there are any updates available then click the “Update and Install” Icon.
- Once this update is over, your Netgear Router Setup is complete.
- You can use your router now and connect to any device.