Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Netgear Routers are the name of trust when you have to use dependable and reliable solutions for network connectivity. Netgear Router Login is one way through which you can make your experience with Netgear Router Login day by day. The process of Netgear Router Login and the most common trouble that you face is described below.
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE
Easy Guide For Netgear Router Login
- Access any one of the preferred web browsers on your system.
- Make sure your system is well connected to the Netgear router.
- Proceed to the Netgear Router Login webpage. For this, you are required to enter any one of the following in the address bar of your internet browser.
- Default IP Address**
- Username- admin
- Password- password
General Troubleshooting Steps for Netgear Router Login
While signing in to your Netgear Router account, you might get login errors. The login error is required to get resolved as soon as possible. The following are general login troubleshooting steps that you can follow for resolving the error.
Method 1: Check the user credentials entered by you
The first procedure is to make sure that you have entered the correct login credentials. The first time users are required to enter the default username and password. While, if you have changed the credentials, then make sure you have entered the updated one. You must keep in mind that these credentials are case-sensitive. Hence, carefully enter the credentials in the fields.
In case, you are not sure that you have changed the credentials or not, then try entering the default one. Look at the bottom of your router for the default credentials.
Method 2: Password Recovery
In case you have changed the default password and you have forgotten that then, you can go through the password recovery procedure. Move along the given procedure for recovering your password.
- Reach the Netgear Router Login window by entering the valid URL in the address bar.
- In the next window, instead of entering the login credentials, click the “Cancel” tab.
- The Password Recovery window will now display on your screen.
Note: You will reach this webpage only when you have set the Password Recovery at the time of changing the password.
- Next, you need to provide the serial number of your Netgear router. Check the serial number by turning your router upside down. At the back of the router, you will find your serial number. Enter the correct serial number and click “Continue”.
- After that, Netgear will ask you some security questions. You need to answer them correctly. These will be the questions that you have selected at the time of changing the default password. Make sure you provide the same answer as earlier.
- Finally, hit the “Continue” tab.
- By doing so, your password will successfully get changed to the default one. Now, you can perform the Netgear router login process by entering the default credentials.
Method 3: Factory Reset
If you have changed the default password and you have not enabled the password recovery, then you can reset the password by following the above-provided procedure. In this scenario, you can factory reset your router that will delete all the settings and bring them to the basics i.e. default one. Follow the below-given procedure for guidance.
- Initiate the process, by turning your router on. Make sure its power light is lit.
- Now, turn your router upside down. You will find the Restore Factory Settings or Reset button there.
- Hold the button for a few seconds, say seven seconds. For this, you can use the paper clip or some other similar object.
- Release the button once the time gets completed.
- This will change all the settings of your router to the default. Now, using the default credentials, you can try signing in.