Free Problem Diagnostics By Phone
Our Tech Experts are just a Phone Call away
Call us at +1-844-583-2073
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
WiFi Networks give you the freedom to access Internet anywhere within its Range without the mess of connecting cables. It has proved to be a wonderful innovation. However, most of the time, users complain about its limited coverage and unexpected dead zones. However, you can boost the quality and range of your WiFi Network to some extent with certain tricks. Besides that, you can even opt for Netgear Extender Setup if you want to further enhance your WiFi Network.
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear Extender Setup
Apart from some simple tricks to boost your Network’s quality, you can also enhance its coverage with Netgear Extender Setup. Netgear Extenders are state-of-the-art range extender devices that aims to improve your Network Coverage.
Netgear Extender Setup is a convenient process that can be performed by means of WPS Connection method. WPS or WiFi Protected Setup is the simplest alternative to hook up devices on any Wireless Network. Netgear Extender supports the same for the benefit of its users. However, your WiFi Router must also support WPS Setup for this. For this, all you have to do is place your Extender near the WiFi Router and turn it on. Press and Hold the WPS button of the Netgear Extender. Following that, press the WPS button on your Router to complete the Netgear Extender Setup.
In this way, you can easily work with your cutting-edge Netgear Extender. However, the problem arises when your Router doesn’t support the WPS Connection method. As such, you need to set it up manually. For this, Netgear provides a user-friendly Installation Assistant to speed up the process.
Manual Setup Through Installation Assistant
- Unbox your sophisticated Netgear Extender with due care.
- Make sure you have already registered the purchased product at “netgear.com/mynetgear”.
- Now, place the Extender close to your WiFi Router.
- You must hook it to a stable Power Source. Then, press its Power button. Make sure that its Power LED lights up and is stable.
- Next, you will have to establish a connection between your Computer and the Extender. You can do the same with an Ethernet Cable or on a WiFi Network. For this, you can follow the below given instructions.
- Wired Setup: Simply plug in one end of the Ethernet Cable to the Netgear Extender and the other end to your Computer. By doing so, both the devices will be connected.
- WiFi Connection: On your system, look at the bottom right-hand corner i.e. your System Tray. Here, you will see the WiFi Connection icon. If it is not visible, expand your System Tray by clicking on the Inverted Triangle icon. Then, open the WiFi Connection Manager by clicking on the respective icon. Here, you must ensure that the WiFi toggle button is switched on. Now, choose the Extender’s Network from the available list. Then, click “Connect”. Thereafter, provide its “Password” when prompted. In other words, enter the Router’s Password as the default Password for your Extender.
- After that, open an Internet Browser on your system.
- Then, visit “mywifiext.net”.
- The very first window prompts you to initiate the Setup process. Hence, select “Netgear Extender Setup”.
- Netgear Extender Setup can be done by using the Device as a “WiFi Range Extender” or as a “Network Access Point”. However, you must opt for “WiFi Range Extender”.
- The following window displays a list of WiFi Router Networks that are available for connection. Hence, select your Home Network.
- When prompted, enter the relevant Router “Password” accurately.
- However, if you have a dual-band Router. Then, you should select both the bands.
- Thereafter, click “Next”.
- On the following window, check credentials of your Extender Network. Here, you can even change the Password.
- After that, click “Next”.
- Now, wait for the Netgear Extender Setup process to complete properly.
- Following that, you can relocate the Extender for enhancing the coverage of your existing Network.
- To begin with, unplug the Netgear Extender from its current location. Then, move it to an appropriate location. Place it halfway between your Router and the location of your Computer/ Laptop etc. that needs Internet Connection. However, make sure that the Extender always remains within the range of your WiFi Network.
- Once you have determined an appropriate location, plug it in to a Power Outlet. Then, press its Power button.
- Make sure it has a stable, green coloured Power Light.
- Along with that, check its Router Link LED. It will start blinking indicating that it is in the process of connecting to your Home Network. Hence, wait for it to turn stable and Green/ Amber in colour confirming a successful connection.
- At times, you may get a blinking LED or a red coloured light. This shows a connectivity problem. Therefore, move the Extender for an appropriate location.
- Now, reconnect your Computer to your Extender’s Network and complete Netgear Extender Setup.
- For a final test, connect a Mobile Device to your Extender’s Network. Then, place it at a previously Dead Zone. This should light up your Extender’s Client Link LED in Green/ Amber colour.