Free Problem Diagnostics By Phone
Our Tech Experts are just a Phone Call away
Call us at +1-844-583-2073
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Netgear Extender Setup is your initial move towards encountering the maximum capacity of these world-class switches. Basically, click on the button and pursue the connection for Netgear Extender Setup.
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear Extender Setup
Using a Netgear Router gives you an experience of great network connectivity. If you are looking for an option to extend that connectivity, Netgear WiFi Extenders are your ultimate choice. With Netgear WiFi Extenders you not only get the great network connectivity, but you also get the ease of setup too. Just like Netgear Routers, the process of Netgear Extender Setup is also a simple one. Read the steps for it below.
Netgear Extender Setup via WPS
Netgear Wi-Fi Extender are the easiest and fastest way to boost the range of your existing Wi-Fi.
- To begin with this process you have to Unbox your Wi-Fi Extender
- Then plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- In order to complete the setup process smoothly, it is advised to plug in the Wi-Fi Extender in the same room as of your router.
- For this process, you need to check if your router supports a WPS setup. This WPS button is either on the front or back of your router depending upon the model.
- If you find a WPS button on your router, press and hold for a few seconds to turn it on.
- The Wi-Fi Extender has a WPS LED, this light indicates the connection of your Wi-Fi Extender to the Router.
- If the Router has successfully been connected to your Wi-Fi Extender, the WPS LED on your Wi-Fi Extender will turn solid green.
- Check if your Router Wi-Fi supports the 5GHz band. If yes, and you want to extend this band repeat the WPS process one more time.
- Now, unplug the extender. You can now move it to a new location.
- This new location should preferably be halfway from both your Router and the device that you to connect.
- Keep in mind that this location should be within the reach of your Wi-Fi Router.
- Plug the extender in this new location and turn the Power on.
- Wait for the extender to switch on properly.
- The Router link LED that is present on your Wi-Fi Extender will tell you the status of your connection with the router.
- If the light is amber or green you have found an ideal location for your extender.
- If the light is still red, try shifting the device more towards the range of the router.
- This enhances your Wi-Fi Extender’s connectivity with the Router.
- Set your device in an ideal location. Now, bring the device that you wish to connect close to the Wi-Fi Extender.
- The extender uses your existing Wi-Fi name. However, it will add “_2GEXT” or “_5GEXT” to the existing name in the end.
- Click on the connect icon, and you will be asked to enter your password.
- Your password is just the same as your Wi-Fi. Enter that and don’t forget to choose the auto-connect option for further use.
- Also, connect a mobile device with the Wi-Fi Extender.
- Now take this mobile device to a previously dead zone.
- Once your devices are connected and placed in the dead zone, return to your Wi-Fi Extender.
- Check the Client Link LED.
- If it is Green or amber your Wi-Fi network has been properly extended.
Congratulations! You can now enjoy your Wi-Fi Network with seamless internet speed.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Netgear Extender Setup Via Netgear Installation Assistant
Unboxing the product aligning it and plugging in part for all router is the same. The only difference in the procedure is the way to establish a connection between the Router and the Wi-Fi extender. It is possible that your Router does not support WPS. In such a case, you need to follow these steps.
In this process, you have to first connect your device such as a laptop or PC to the extender using an Ethernet Wire or Wi-Fi connection.
- You can use a wired Ethernet connection quite easily. Use an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on the Wi-Fi extender to an Ethernet port on your computer.
- Otherwise, you can go for the Wi-Fi method to connect. On your Wi-Fi enabled device, open the Wi-Fi connection manager and locate and connect to the Wi-Fi extender network called NETGEAR_EXT.
- Once the connection with your Wi-Fi enabled device is established, the Client Link LED will turn amber or green.
- Open a web browser, on your device.
- Visit the Official Site of your Wi-Fi Extender.
- The New Extender Setup page now displays.
- As soon as you will click the “New Extender Setup” button a “Create Account” form will open.
- Fill the Field and click the “Next” icon.
- Now, ensure that the Access Point/Extender switch is set to Extender and click the Continue icon.
- Select your router’s Wi-Fi network to extend and click the “Next” button.
- In case, you do not wish to extend both Wi-Fi bands, clear the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Networks or the 5 GHz Wi-Fi Networks checkbox.
- In the field for Password, type the router’s existing Wi-Fi network password and click the “Next” button.
- Set the network name (SSID) and password for your Wi-Fi extender and click the “Next” button.
- It will easier if you enable the One Wi-Fi Name feature. This will permit the extender to use the same SSID and password as your existing router.
- Furthermore, wait for the page to display a list of new extender Wi-Fi networks, which might take some time.
- Connect your Wi-Fi enabled device, to the new extender Wi-Fi network with the help of SSID and password that you created. If you enabled One WiFi Name, connect to your router’s WiFi name and password.
- Make sure that your Wi-Fi enabled device is successfully connected before you click the “Continue” icon.
- Click the “Continue” icon.
- The message that displays confirms that your Wi-Fi extender is ready.
- Now you can move your device and check the connectivity just the same way that is explained above.
This will complete the process of Netgear Extender Setup. Now you are ready to use the network connectivity that is now enhanced by the Wi-Fi extender.